A Computer Controlled System that performs standard Epstein Tests for production or research use. The standard system can test either oriented or non-oriented steels. Many options are available to customize the system to match your specific needs. Once all data has been entered, the test is automatic. Test data is printed and saved at the end of the test.
Core Loss – Net Watts, Watts/Pound or (Watts/Kilo)
Induction in Tesla
Peak Magnetizing Force, Hp (Oersteds) or Hp (A/m)
Volt Amperes – Volt Amperes/Pound or VA/Kilo
Peak Permeability, µp
Rms Permeability, µz (Option)
Rms Magnetizing Force, Hz (Option)
Windows Update for Model MS2 Magnetic Tester
Automatic testing with printed and disk saved test results
State of the art instrumentation and circuitry
Plug in Frames and Fixtures
Internal Set of Standard Resistors to permit easy checking of
IBM Compatible Computer
Complete stand alone system, requiring only connections to the power mains
- 16 Bit A/D Converter
- Newer Technology Allows for More Accurate and Repeatable Test Data and Also Faster Test Times
- Improved User Interface for Entering Data
- Options for Graphing Test Data
- Some of the Graphs that Can be Screened and Printed:
- B Versus H in Oersteds
- B Versus Core Loss in W/Lb
- B Versus Permeability
- Ring Test Option
- Option to Generate AC Loops
- Loops are Graphed to the Screen and can be Printed and Saved as an Excel File
- Provides setup for multitasking
- Option for Auto Weight Entry
- Includes Adjacent Frequency Core Loss Separation Test
- Hysteresis and Eddy are Calculated at Each Induction
- Option for Core Testing
Donart Electronics' latest software for running tests on soft magnetic materials is a Windows compatible program written in Visual Basic. The program includes a new and improved user interface for entering test data. The update also provides an option with capabilities for simultaneous measuring and graphing. The graphs can be printed or saved to disk. This update is suitable for grain-oriented and non-oriented electrical steel. The update also provides the ability to perform ring tests.
There is an optional AC Loop Generator that can be included with the program if desired. The loops can be graphed and printed for the user's convenience.
- Improved Accuracy when Calibrating
- Improved and Faster measurements
- Ability to Generate Excel Files
- Simultaneous Measurement and Graphing Capabilities
- BH Curve Generated Graphs
- Capabilities to Measure AC Loops
- The AC Loop is generated by simultaneously measuring B and H, then using digital integration, the points are plotted on a scatter chart. The measurements derived from the loop would include:
- Total Hysteresis Loss in W/Lb
- HC (Coercivity)
- BR (Remanence)
- Software is User Friendly and Can be Customized to Meet Customer Specifications
- Windows Compatible
- Menu Driven Commands
- Custom Test Fixtures, Frames, Hardware and Software
MODEL 3110-MS2 SPECIFICATIONS
Output frequency Output Power
Power Line Frequency (60 Hz)
Approximately 3 KVA
Standard 28 or 30.5 Epstein (700 Turn Frame)
Weight . . . . . . . . . 300 to 1600 gm (Epstein, 700 Turn Frame)
Density. . . . . . . . . 7.55 to 7.85 gm/cm³ (Nominal)
Minimum Full Scale Ranges
Volts . . . . . . . . . . . . 1 Volts full scale
Current . . . . . . . . . . 0.1 Amps full scale
Power . . . . . . . . . . . 0.1 Watts full scale (net)
Ranges(approximate – based on samples of nominal weight and quality)
Induction . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.0 to 20 kilogauss (0.5 to 2.0 Tesla)
Peak Magnetizing Force . . 0 to 150 oe (0 to 12,000 A/m)
Core Loss . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.01 to 50 watts (net)
Meets or exceeds ASTM Specifications A343
Desk type three bay unit on wheels . . . 78" x 33" x 29 1/2" High
Weight (Desk only, approximate) . . . . 275 lb.
Weight (Desk with all parts included). . 630 lb.
Optional – Single electronic rack . . . 24"w x 31"d x 40" High
Weight (Rack only, approximate) . . . . 175 lb.
Weight (Rack with all parts included). . 530 lb.
The Model 3110-MS2 is a computer controlled precision Epstein system designed to provide accurate results conforming to the latest ASTM specifications. Testing is automatic once the menu data is entered (except for sample loading and unloading and weighing the sample) and results are printed and also saved on a floppy disk. This data can later be recalled for screen viewing or used with customer or optional programs for consolidation or statistical summaries.
Instrumentation and circuitry is state of the art, solid state modules and components designed for long, trouble-free operation. Circuitry meets or exceeds the applicable ASTM Standard for the tests provided. The power source for driving the test fixture is a high quality laboratory linear amplifier driven by a precise power line sinewave for power line frequency testing. The majority of the remaining circuitry is interface modules to input or output voltages and results to and from the computer. Switching resistance and instrumentation burdens receive special attention. The computer controls the testing. It inputs the sample parameters, controls the test stimulations, reads the results, performs the needed computations, and presents the test data as a printed record.
The standard Epstein core loss test program provides specific core loss, specific Volt - Amps, and peak perm for up to four induction points for a specific frame. Testing is at power line frequency only. The program will test both regular grain oriented and high permeability grain oriented steels. Data is reported in either customary units or SI units (not both). The program includes automatic test number incrementing. The test number becomes part of the data file name. Menu driven prompts present default data chosen for the application to lead the operator through data entry or changes. The menu is arranged to minimize operator entries after initial sign-on to those that change with each sample until a new group of samples or new test parameters are needed.
Operator Entry of up to eight alpha-numeric identification entries such as operator number, customer or supplier number, coil or batch ID, etc., is provided. Each of these entries can be up to 20 printable characters long. These items would be chosen and specified at the time of an order, and would be printed as entered with each test result.
An internal set of standard resistors permits easy checking of instrumentation operation. These resistors are used with Calibration Maintenance Program (Option 07) which can be run daily by the operator to assure that the instrumentation is staying within calibration. If the test results are not satisfactory, then operator can inform a supervisor, and the proper maintenance personnel can be brought in to make the adjustments as needed.
The Calibration Maintenance Program (Option 07) provides screen instructions for the step-by-step calibration of the system to an external high quality digital meter. The meter is used to adjust the internal DC and Average AC Voltages for proper operation using the internal resistors. Included in the standard system is one Model 2600, 700 Turn, 25 em, Epstein Frame. This fixture comes complete with the proper program and cable. The frames are plug-in.
Donart supplies several of their own programs and several commercial programs with the standard system. In addition, more programs are offered as options to enhance the standard system. Ex:
1. Standard four point 700 Turn Epstein Test
2. Stats Program
3. Calibration Maintenance Program
4. Miscellaneous Utility Programs
5. All programs as supplied with the purchase of the computer and its operating system software.
6. File & Disk Utility Program
7. A structured Basic Language
The parameters measured in a standard systems are as follows:
1. Primary Rms exciting current
2. Primary peak exciting current
3. Secondary Rms Voltage
4. Secondary Flux Voltage
5. Net Watts (Primary Current and Secondary Voltage)
The tests results computed and printed are:
1. Test induction point (Tesla)
2. Brms (Tesla) or Vrms (Volts) BOTH OPTIONAL
3. Specific Core Loss (W/1b) or (W/kg) NOT BOTH
4. Specific Volt-Amps (VA/1b) or VA/kg) NOT BOTH
5. Peak perm (µp ) or Hp (Oersteds) or (Amps/m) BOTH OPTIONAL
6. µ @ 10H or 1000 A/m (Used for Demagnetization) NOT BOTH
7. Sample parameters
a. Sample Weight
b. Sample Density
c. Sample Length
d. Sample Width
e. Calculated Gage OPTIONAL
f. Number of Strips OPTIONAL
h. Type of Material (RGO, Hi Perm RGO) or Non-oriented BOTH AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION
i. Grain Direction (All With, Half & Half) OPTIONAL
Supplied with the standard Model 3110-MS2 are two copies of the System Operation and Maintenance Manual. You will also receive any manuals that come with instruments purchased for said system such as meters, scale, computer, etc.
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ALL THE
OPTIONS FOR THE 31100-MS2